NEurope

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nekunando

Wireless Internet Help?

..I really am sorry if the answer I'm looking for is posted around here somewhere or if it's simply a google away.. but can you guys give me some help and advice on a few things?

I'm currently on Orange Broadband (£17.99 a month) and use a Nintendo USB Connector for my Wii and DS needs. My Brother has just purchased a Laptop.

First Question is:

1. Is it possible to connect my brother's laptop (with WiFi) to the internet using the Nintendo USB Connector?

Assuming the answer is no (which I'm pretty sure it is), I have a couple of options. Get onto Orange and get Wireless Broadband with the LiveBox sorted out for £19.99 a month or buy a Wireless Router and receiver for the computer(s) (Expensive)

2. Will the LiveBox work if I plug it into the entension lead I currently use for my internet and put the plug into a socket in the same room as I do not have a plug beside the phone socket downstairs?

3. Will my brother need anything extra (like a USB dongle) to communicate with the LiveBox or will the Laptop be able to connect in it's current state?

4. Will the Wii and DS be able to connect with the LiveBox so I do not have to have my PC on to go online with these?

I would appreciate any help. If you can't help with all the queries, I'd be grateful if you could help out with the ones you know. Thanks.