NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Mike_C

Router/Wireless network problem

Here is the story, I got 2 pc's one in the basement and the other is in my room. My router is the Linksys broadband wireless G which is next to the pc in the basement that is not wireless. The pc in my room is wireless with the Linksys wireless G PCI adapter.

Now the problem is that the pc in my room (wireless) loses internet connection/signal very often and several times a day. It hiccups...i lose signal for 1min and then get it back. Sometimes its longer and its really annoying... Is there something i can do? Has anyone come across thing problem?

Your signal is detiorating. I had a friend who got it working with a better antenna (£30), you could move the router to your room and put the PCI in the basement...

actually i can't cause the modem is in the basement... the signal is good it just hiccups... lose signal with router at times... its weird.

Well count yourself lucky i have got a similar set up except the router is base outside the livingroom. i cant even get the internet. i am well annoyed. the adapter and router can communicate but i cant get internet.

are you using windows? I used to have that problem under XP.

Yes i am running winxp pro... the signal hiccups... frustrates the hell out of me..

mike-zim you should check your setup... read through the process again..first you set up your main pc straight to the modem/internet... then you connect the router and do the entire settings thing... security and such... did you set your security to encryption...(wep) cause if you have .. then you need to enter the code to access the router... It also don't hurt to e-mail the company site.

Sign in to follow this