N-Europe

Transferring files to the Wii usng an SD Card and Digital Camera

Gizmo

Hey. I recently bought a Kingston 2GB SD Card to use with my Wii. I do not have a card reader, but assumed that I could simply put it in my digital camera and plug the camera into the PC. I can, but it refuses to allow me to paste anything onto the SD Card - allowing me only to put the pictures from the camera to the PC. Is there anyway to change this? Perhaps install the SD Card as a seperate driver or trick the camera into thinking it isnt a camera. Anything you can think of :)

Check that the card isn't write protected, but if you can take photos to the card it probably isn't. Did you install the drivers that came with the camera to the pc? Try uninstalling them if you did. XP should recognise the camera and let you browse the files and copy/paste to the card without the drivers.

Thats another problem - there doesn't seem to be anyway to remove the drivers. When I rightclick, it gives me Open, Explore, Get Pictures, Create Shortcut, Rename and Properties. In the properties tag I get only status (i.e how many on the camera), events (what does the PC do when the Cam is plugged in) and Colours. Add or Remove Programs and HArdware manager dont help either.

:(

Well that's just a feature of XP. A bit annoying actually. Only way to get rid of them completely would probably be deleting the right files from "windows directory here"\system

Edit: Did some research, the driver can be uninstalled from add/remove software according to the manual.

New driver didnt help. I'm a bit wary of deleting the driver completely since its not actually my camera. I'll have another look later when I get back. Thanks for your help.

Nothing seems to work. I think I'll just spend an extra ~£10 and get a USB card reader. Thanks for the help anyway, Bogbas.

Just to continue annoying you guys, can anybody confirm for me if this will be compatible with a Wii compatible SD card, and will it be worth my £7:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MYDIGITAL-Slim-MiniSD-MMC-Reader/dp/B000LUUW52/sr=1-10/qid=1168101135/ref=sr_1_10/026-5291213-5208403?ie=UTF8&s=electronics#moreAboutThisProduct

(my £7 figure comes from postage costs).

Or would this be worth it for an additional £1:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MYDIGITAL-T-Flash-Memory-Reader-Drive/dp/B000LUT000/sr=1-6/qid=1168101135/ref=sr_1_6/026-5291213-5208403?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

Thanks very much to anybody who can help me out. Cheers :bowdown: