NEurope
Rummy

KILLED BY HIS XMAS GAMEBOY

Is the front page headline of The Mirror today, I was just leaving the computer when I picked the paper up and saw it, HAD to post it on here. I dunno which is the appropriate forum, so I am putting it here. I haven't read the article yet, about to get a link from the official site for you guys. Jesus, just reading the first line though, it's gotta be a stupid misunderstanding, no way can a GBA electrocute you to death. Fuck you Daily Mirror.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_headline=killed-by-his-xmas-game-boy%26method=full%26objectid=18393890%26siteid=94762-name_page.html

All right, I read it, for a front page story it took all of one minute to read. What a goddamn joke! People have said stuff about Sony playing dirty and paying papers to put bad press out about Nintendo, which I always though was a bit extreme, but given this is such a short and basic story, why the hell is it on the front page?! Turns out it was something to do with the current of Thai electricity, and he did it when unplugging the charger, so in fact, it could have happened with anything, and isn't actually the direct fault of the GBA. His parents even said 'This wouldn't have happened in England'. I keep calling it a GBA, when I'm not even sure what it was, I only assume that it's a GBA because of the picture on the front page, whereas it is referred to as a Game Boy throughout the article. This, to me, is really quite bad journalism.