NEurope
ViPeR

Super Castlevania (VC) READ BEFORE DOWNLOAD!

Because for some reason for the PAL release Konami decided to replace the burly men you control with fucking robots. Which is video game blasphemy, especially considering Contra 3 (I refuse to call it Probotector) is one of the best games on the Snes.

Robots were often used in the 16bit era to replace people so that when they died it could be lifeless robots exploding not people bleeding and dying. Like the foot soldiers in turtles :)

It makes you wonder if Nintendo have even seen or used an illegal emulator, most of which are far more robust and user friendly than Nintendos own pay service.

Nintendo has a real opportunity here to curb piracy and make a fortune at the same time. Its a shame they dont study their enemy more.

Would you beleive when i made my post about mapping buttons yourself, i was actually thinking of the emulators.

well the game is designed for use with the classic controller so those are the default controls.

OK, so can someone tell me how this game plays with the gamecube controller, does it play good or bad, and is that after fiddling with the button mapping somewhere, and if so where? Just for clarification all in the same place.

I've never played a Castlevania before, but I just read a review and am mighty tempted, but not if I'm gonna have to go out and buy a CC controller after to play it.

You don't need the classic controller. You can manually map the buttons to whatever you want on the GC pad (I discovered this after making this thread). It's simply in the Options menu you can reach from the title screen. I personally consider this the best Castlevania and i've never even completed it.

this is a great game (i play it with the gc controller)

but its pretty hard i'm on level 3 though

You don't need the classic controller. You can manually map the buttons to whatever you want on the GC pad (I discovered this after making this thread). It's simply in the Options menu you can reach from the title screen. I personally consider this the best Castlevania and i've never even completed it.

Does a message pop up saying 'You need the classic controller'', it does on mine for some reason

Thats good about the GC pad as long as the game itself offers button configuration, alot of retro games dont though

Its my favorite Castlevania too, though Portrait of Ruin is looking mighty good too

Does a message pop up saying 'You need the classic controller'', it does on mine for some reason

Thats good about the GC pad as long as the game itself offers button configuration, alot of retro games dont though

Its my favorite Castlevania too, though Portrait of Ruin is looking mighty good too

Yes it does, and as you rightly said a lot of older games don't support button mapping so I didn't even think to look. Unless it's something that has been added but I doubt that. It's well hard though i'm on one level with a huge skull as a mini boss, seems more like a boss...

just out of curiosity whats the v button

I have no idea where you got that from...?

I still haven't found a way to do that in DKC. I don't think there ever was one :cry: It's so awkward playing it and all my local shops have sold out on classic pad.

Well I downloaded it earlier, and while it displayed both the CC and GC pads on the download bit, it did say that controls may have been optimized for the CC, and when I started up the game it said 'You will need a Classic Controller.', even though it seems to work fine with the good old GC one, Stupid nintendo!(i customized the controls before i played it, so i didnt get a chance to experience any of the original problem). As for the game, it's pretty good, I like it, I got to level 3 but got fed up with my continuous dying so I played some zelda.