N-Europe

Which Power Supply?

Shotgun2k

Okay, heres a simple one since i use an adapter for mine. Heres what I use:

Skytronic AC/DC Stabilizer running at 9V. Basically as long as you can get one with the right fitting you'll be okay... just make sure it runs at 9v or you'll blow the thing up/wouldn't start it.

Don't you have to take into account the current? Just curious, because I've seen variable voltage plugs which can have different currents(i.e two seperate products, one which has higher current than the other).

The amount of current depends on the load (not much on a SNES). I think that the current on those meant the maximum current the adapter can handle.

NoE told me this when i enquired about Snes power supplies. I bought one second hand for a tenner, with a load of mind games, but the cables weren't all there.

Dear Customer, thank you for your e-mail.

I am sorry but we no longer have these PSU's available. However they

are just a standard 9 volt power supply that you can get hold of from

companies like Maplins. I have recently bout a PSU from them, for

another purpose, but it will do the job you want for the SNES.

Kind regards,

Your Nintendo Team

Tit couldn't even spell.

Ahh, yes, that does make sense. I can't believe I was silly enough to ask now, seems so obvious. I might look to invest in one, as my mum used to take the snes and hide it away with her, and she wrapped the wire tight around the transformer, so it only works if you position the wire in the correct position and find a way to hold it like it.

(I fail to see the spelling error in the post above?)