NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Shorty

Recovering deleted files

Can anyone reccomend me a decent app for doing this? I've seen quite a few of them, most restricted trial versions that don't let you save what you find. I also have an added problem in that I believe most of the files I accidentally downloaded were in a hidden folder :/

How did I manage this? Well basically put my keyboard on the floor while rearranging my room, put my matress down on the keyboard and somehow deleted a whole folder from my desktop. Genius eh?

Anyway I can't be the first so any suggestions would be great :heh:

There was a thread by Tom where I suggested some free apps for data recovery. I'm at relatives pn 56k, so you can search for it yourself. :p

I have something that work well as you can aim it at specific folders on a HDD.

AIM: nintndrule

Also, right click on your recycle bin on your desktop, hit properties and tell it to send files to the recycle bin before deletion.

Thanks Odwin, unfortunately the first and third program don't seem to be able to find my hidden folder. The second program said that the file recovery feature would be added in "a later version" :heh:

That'll teach me to hide folders from prying eyes I guess *sigh*

Sorry... I don't have AIM. And the reason it didn't go to recycle bin was because I accidentally used shift-delete by putting something down on the keyboard. If you still want to let me know about some app that you can't say here, PM me?

It does a basic scan at start by default, if you can find it, I recommend targeting the drive partition with it and clicking "superscan". That should find virtually anything.

For "private" folder, you could always give microsoft's private folder app a go.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Lockdown/Microsoft-Private-Folder.shtml

If you want somthing non Microsoft, I reccomend:

http://www.cypherix.co.uk/cryptainerle/index.htm?adv=crypto_be

Based on blowfish.

Sign in to follow this