NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
badboyace84

new tv help?

i know there are alot of threads on tvs and imputs at the mo but i have a question on a particuar tele. i have seen this tv on amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-LE15S51B-Sparta-Television-Table/dp/B0009Z4BZG/sr=1-171/qid=1163608110/ref=sr_1_171/026-9574730-7729256?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

i was wondering if this tv would work with the component cables for the wii as i want the best picture possible and want a new tv for xmas. i would idealy like an hdtv but i know i wont get one for less than about 200 quid and my room is too small anyway and no walls to put it on (im in the loft) i seem buggered but this looked quite good please reply with some imput im not good on tech stuff really and it all gets waaaaay to confusing for me thanks for any replys

adam

or just seen this one which would be the better tv

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/257661/art/philips/4-3-lcd-tv-15-38cm-15pf41.html#fichetechnique

That looks nice, but you won't get progressive scan with it; yeah you'll be able to use the component cables on it but it doesn't support High Definition, hence the attractive price tag! Search around and invest in a HD-Ready TV instead.

what do you think of the second tv does it sound better both tvs have progressive scan according to websites

i have seen on the argos website an hd ready tv for 145 quid but its buy accoustic solutions and i have never heard of them b4

UInfortunately the Progressive Scan under the specs of both TVs is sort of like a pseudo-progressive function that a lot of TVs seem to have these days. It's not technically "real" progressive 480p/576p, so you'll definitely need to go for a HD Ready TV in order to get true progressive from your games. If you aren't fussed about progressive, by all means go for one of those, but I'd hate to let someone go ahead and spend that amount of money on something only to find that it's not exactly what they expected they were getting. Best of luck mate!

have you heard of acousitic solutions are they any good they have a 15" hdtv for 145 quid i take it they are no good tho

i saw this tele

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/2576...fichetechnique

and have looked it over does anybody know what a dvi-i socket is as it says this tv is future proof DVI-I input

A DVI-I input connects the non-compressed high bandwidth digital RGB signal from source to screen. By eliminating the conversion of the digital signals to analogue, it delivers an unblemished and noise-free image, that is clear and flicker-free. The DVI input supports HDCP copy protection that allows viewing of copy protected programs from Digital Set-top boxes, DVD players and HD recorders. DVI-I is future proof as it can be connected to all HDMI devices (a converter cable is required). The DVI-I input also supports analogue PC-VGA signals.

does this mean it does hd if i get a converter cable

help please

Sign in to follow this