NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
realsubzero

Wii Sales Figures

In theory, you're right. They should be able to carry on the momentum.

However, with the Gamecube, Nintendo saw really high sales figures at the start of the cube's life, and then it really slowed down as it entered the second and third years.

With the Wii, they need to be consistent. Like the DS lite has sold in Japan, they need sales to be high for weeks and months on end.

I think that's why some of us are unphased by these high early figures. We were expecting this anyway. Trouble is, can they repeat this next year, and the year after? That's the big question.

I don't know. Everybody that I have showed my wii to is instantly into it. I brought one of my wii-motes with me to my church this morning and it spaked a ehole lot of curiosity, and a bundle of people ended up coming over this after. It was a blast. I don't watch very much tv but the wii is everwhere. Comedy centry even declared this a wiikend, and gave out a thousand wiis.

I don't know. Everybody that I have showed my wii to is instantly into it. I brought one of my wii-motes with me to my church this morning and it spaked a ehole lot of curiosity, and a bundle of people ended up coming over this after. It was a blast. I don't watch very much tv but the wii is everwhere. Comedy centry even declared this a wiikend, and gave out a thousand wiis.

That's great stuff, and i really hope it continues.

It needs to continue over a prolonged length of time. If things are like this for only a few months, then i don't think Nintendo will really achieve all that much in the longrun.

One thing that seperates the Wii from the Gamecube, for me, is that this time it is a vastly different machine/controller than its competitors. The Gamecube wasn't really all that different as a system to the PS2 or XBOX. At the end of the day, they were all games consoles with very little difference between them.

That may be the clincher this time around.

Sign in to follow this