N-Europe

Samsung 940MW HD + Gamecube/Wii = ??

bencallis

Hi I am thinking of buying the samsung 940MW. It is a HD tv and before i order it was wondering what the wii will be like with this tv. I tested the gamecube on a SD lcd tv and TBH the picture was not that great (admitidly the TV is some unbrandad ALDI thing although it has computer input etc).

I have a S-video cable that I was going to test it with but couldnt get it to work not sure if its the cable or can the recent white gamecubes no support s video.

Back to the main question will this tv make gamecube and Wii look shit?

Thanks

Your Wii will look great on that if you pick up one of these cables with your Wii, it will give you the best picture possible

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?ProductCode=NW0055&title=wii_component_video_cable_

1.jpg

:smile: Yeah componet should be great for Wii. Does s video on a hdtv with gamecube look ok? Also is it my cable thats bust or does the white gamecube (only analogue out) not support s-video. Also I have a xbox whch will be connected by standard composite cable I guess that will suck?

Thanks for the fast reply.

:smile: Yeah componet should be great for Wii. Does s video on a hdtv with gamecube look ok? Also is it my cable thats bust or does the white gamecube (only analogue out) not support s-video. Also I have a xbox whch will be connected by standard composite cable I guess that will suck?

Thanks for the fast reply.

Im sure your Xbox wont look to great on an LCD with a composite cable.. your better off buying a componet cable for that too... if you can... im sure you can anyway.

Got the tv today Awsome! Plugd in cube and xbox was sort of average but things seemed abit dark etc and was room for improvement. Went out to gamestation got a rgb scart cable which works on ps xbox and cube and wow what a difference! (theres a switch to switch fromcomposite to component on the lead hehe makes you happy to see the difference:santa: )

Vey happy with it £250 from argos with a £10 gift voucher cant complain!

Slight problem. Got rgb scarts for the cube and xbox now... But only one scart socket. I have a cheap crappy 3 scart thing but it doesnt like having 2 rgb scarts in it(sound goes adn picture darkens).

Is there any sart block that supports rgb scarts in all slots. Also if it was automatic would be better.

Thanks