N-Europe

Installing my router. PLEASE HELP

Drunken_Squirrel

I bought this today:

http://www.dabs.com/ProductView.aspx?Quicklinx=3K24&CategorySelectedId=11030&fb=909&NavigationKey=11030&InMerch=1

but i'm encountering probems getting it to work. When I get to this part

MODENSTUFF.jpg

The instructions says I need to enter this information

modemsuff2.jpg

But it has a star next to AOL. I'M on aol and that information makes the internet connection light on the front of the modem flash red, which isn't a good thing.

The worst part is, when you scroll down to see what this asterix represents, there is no further information. The instructions are on a disk and i've used all available searchs to find any more references to AOL throughout. There is nothing. Either the stupid bastards have forget to put in why AOL is different, or they're just taking the piss.

I've had to un install it and re install my old one to get on the interent to get some sort of clue. Can anyone please help me, as this is really widing me up now.

when installing a Router to work for AOL, you will need to create a extra username for the router to log on, enter the username and password for the new AOL user into the router. If you use your own username for the router and try to log into aol with your name it will disconnect it from the web. Also set your Your MTU to 1400.

when installing a Router to work for AOL, you will need to create a extra username for the router to log on, enter the username and password for the new AOL user into the router. If you use your own username for the router and try to log into aol with your name it will disconnect it from the web. Also set your Your MTU to 1400.

Actually mate, it was more a case of unticking the "dial on demand" box. :grin:

I got it done in the end, it works fine now. Thanks anyway mate.