NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
James McGeachie

With the controller, Prime 3 has so much potential

Seeing the Revolution controller today, a lot of things went through my mind, as I'm sure did everyone else's, but what I've been thinking about most now is the extreme potential for first person shooters, ESPECIALLY Metroid Prime 3. The aiming system will be fantastic and the Revolution easily has the buttons it need to handle all the features from prime (with the analogue expansion obviously). A jump, B shoot, gyro for aiming, analogue for movement, either a or b for missiles (although I hope these buttons are easy to push in the final design, right now it looks awkward), D-pad for beams, a or b for morphball and the buttons on the back of the analogue could be for cycling through visors or something.

his has went from being a game I wasn't all that interested in now, to one of my most anticipated titles really. I just hope it's not too insanely hard to get used to controlling it that way.

Right now the specs of the system barely matter to me too, so long as it looks a bit better, I'm sold.

They're supposed to be focusing more on the shooting side of the game with the new controller.

I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing...

Sign in to follow this