N-Europe

Thinking of buying a domain name.

The Lillster

I am currently building a website and I am interested in buying a domain name.

But I need some advice and help.

First of all, this is not the first time I have brought a domain name, what I want to know is, how do I register the domain name in my name? Because in the past I have brought a domain name, but when I do a WHOIS search it says that it is registered by some other company. So how do I make it so that when I do a WHOIS search on my own domain, my name will be on there?

Second question is: How do I make multiple domain names link to the same server? As in I could have the domain name abc and the content would be exactly the same on cba?

My third and last question is: Which is currently people's favourite hosting company? (Preferably one that isn't too expensive, as i'm building a relativly small website).

Thanks for your time.

Btw, I hope this is the right forum.

1) All the domain names I've bought (bought from either Uk2.net, 123-reg.co.uk and godaddy.com) have been registered in my name.

I would recommend using 123-reg.co.uk for .co.uk's and either NameCheap.com or GoDaddy.com for .coms

2) Most control panels you get with a domain name let you redirect it to where you want

3) I use k1z.com and they're great so far. I've used dataflame.co.uk in the past and loved them, they're much more expensive though, but I would say theya re much better.

Ok, for hosting i'm gonna say http://www.hytekhosting.com. They are awesome, very very cheap and the one time I had a question, I got a reply in minutes.

They can register your domain for you, and it'll be in your name (see twozzok.com for proof :P), but if you're not sure if you're gooing to keepo the same hosting, host it on godaddy or 123-reg. This'll enable you to change the Nameservers when needed :)