NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
colormonkey

Pro Evolution to Wii

I think the game has the potential to be the dfinitive version on the Wii.

I could quite happily lose all of the throw-in and kicking gesture based rubbish but the pointer could make all of the difference.

The thing I get most frustrated with in the game (on any version) is the lack of control you have over where the computer players run to when you want to play a pass. I would like to be able to use the pointer to select a location I want the player I am about to pass to to attempt to reach. Then, when I pass the ball it would be my fault if I get tackled. In short I think the pointer could be used to make up for deficiencies in the AI of the game.

I remember a few months ago,I started a thread about football games, and when people thought we'd see one and most people thought it would be a bad idea to try and implement the Wii controls. I have to say i still agree.

Pro evo has become such a success, and its all been based around one thing, its control system, fifa has tried to copy it many times, but you always feel fifa has never managed to intergrate the controls quite as well.

for along time people said Pro Evo had worse graphics than fifa, but pro evo prevailed with its better animation and better controls. we are likely to get a version with worse controls and PS2 looking graphics.

I will put money on the Wii version being arcadey, gimmicky and a mess just like the ISS (had its gimmicky slow mo bits.) on the cube, which i bought but returned (god bless Games return policy!). I also reckon it will not be called ISS and not Pro Evo, so as not to tarnish the Pro Evo name.

Personally i think the best established football genre that should be brought to the Wii should be Sensible Soccer it would be much better suited as it has always been arcadey and a little over the top.

I don't think that the controls I mentioned above would be gimmicky, they would add something that in my opinion is lacking from the game - fine tuned controls over the CPU AI on your team.

I don't think that the controls I mentioned above would be gimmicky, they would add something that in my opinion is lacking from the game - fine tuned controls over the CPU AI on your team.

granted your idea bout the pointer was good, implemented right and coupled with excellent play through balls could work like a dream. as could crosses etc...

*has orgasm*

My number 1 most anticipated game for Wii now.

Screw Zelda. I'm not kidding :D

Sign in to follow this