N-Europe

little help needed (worms 2) (yes, very retro!)

Guest Ford Prefect

Guest Ford Prefect

right, well i've had an urge to play the game again. installed it all but it won't run, claims not to be able to find the cd, now i've found this is due to the CD drive being set to F or G, and due to limitations at the time, it won't support above D or something. now there is a "simple" way around this and if i was on my own computer and not this heap of shit i'd do it. that is to remap the drives, so i can set the CD drive to D. can't tho as this PC is a HP piece of shit with my documents etc default set to a 2nd partition labeled D, a remap fucks it all up.

so the only other way around it is a no cd crack. LEGAL as i do own the game and have done since 1998 when i got it for christmas. i've looked around the big crack sites and can't find jack shit, not that works at any rate. the only ones i've found have given runtime errors and refuse to work.

soooo, anyone wanna gimme some help? or am i going to have to wait months till i get my pc up here to be able to play worms 2?

and don't ffs sake say play worms armageddon or owt else......

Hmm I remember that this game fucked up my 200Mhz pentiums C:/ drive.

Well have you tried to run it in compatibility mode for win98/95? Because I have worms 2 working in an xp pc. And the cd drives on that are f : and g:

Go to the folder where it's installed and on the .exe right click --> (preferences? the last one on the list) --> compatibility --> choose win98/me or win95 from the drop down box.

Guest Ford Prefect

well thats freaky, tried it before and it didn't work but not it is, bloody compatability shite.

Guest Ford Prefect

the chances of it working on this overly raped shared connection are slim. besides i haven't played for years so i suck :P