NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Jamba

Develop: Brighton Conference

Having a look at potentially going to this. Would like to get a bit more of a technical insight into things before I hit Uni again in Sept. I looked up the website but it's a bit vague as to whether it's open to the public or an industry only event. Anyone got any info on this or shall I just email the event organisers?

Also if anyone else wants to go (Colin?) give us a shout. Need to find if I have time off work first though...

It's industry only. Also to attend the conferences you need to pay for your place, and prices differ on what talks you want to attend (prices are real steep aswell for these).

The exhibition itself is free, and although you can't register now anymore, you can register on the day when you turn up...........problem is they'll want proof of industry status there and then.

If I were to go all I've really got to show is that I'm a first year degree student, as this is no retail/marketing event. Tbh I really can't see what I would gain from attending, so I won't be turning up I'm afraid.

If you go, then let us know how it went for ya.

Also did you get your place at Teesside Jamba?

Hells yeah. Be seeing you in sept? What course are you on btw?

Nah, I decided to opt out of Teesside because of distance and all that, and also because Hertfordshire left a very good impression on me after I visited.

Overall though it was the distance thing............I think I would just feel alot more comfortable being an hr or so away from home instead of 4-5hrs with Tees.

But I'll be studying 3d games art there, and they also use Max, so now got to drop Maya and re-learn new interface and all that over the summer.

One of my friends has got into Teesside though, and is definitely going.............so if you see a black man called Ashley there then you can use the subject of me as an icebreaker I suppose! :laughing:

Will you be going to the Develop exhibiton then at all? Sega UK have got something going happening on one of the evenings with free drinks and all that apparently, so if you go, then it may be worth checking that out.

Sign in to follow this