N-Europe

Need a program (converting mpg2 stream to xvid or something...)

Bogbas

"Video: MPEG2 Video 720x576 (4:3) 25.00fps 10000Kbps [Video]

Audio: MPEG Audio 48000Hz stereo 224Kbps [Audio]

Subtitle: DVD Subpicture [subtitle]"

So I have a couple of those kind of files on my hard drive when I recoreded them from my dvb-t receiver. The problem is that they're very large (1.25GB for approximately 45mins) So I would like to know if there's a program that can encode it into something less space consuming.

Only program that can playback the file properly is Media player classic. VLC thinks that it's something "radio australia" and WMP just can't play it.

"Video: MPEG2 Video 720x576 (4:3) 25.00fps 10000Kbps [Video]

Audio: MPEG Audio 48000Hz stereo 224Kbps [Audio]

Subtitle: DVD Subpicture [subtitle]"

So I have a couple of those kind of files on my hard drive when I recoreded them from my dvb-t receiver. The problem is that they're very large (1.25GB for approximately 45mins) So I would like to know if there's a program that can encode it into something less space consuming.

Only program that can playback the file properly is Media player classic. VLC thinks that it's something "radio australia" and WMP just can't play it.

Mr Odwin recommended me a superb program called AUTOGK (guardian knox, but dont search that)

its superb at compressing video, and audio, its free

there one thats even easier but doesnt compress audio called ALL to AVI, I use that for convertin files to xvid for mp3 player.

hope that helps

Thanks for the info so far :)

But Mr.Odwin, could you tell me the name of the software you supplied the link? Just by clicking it a 'leech' page appears and I can't find a program that has the version number 1.11.89.

And yes it is a transport stream. I could have captured in mpeg2 also, but capturing it that way no subtitles would've been included. But thanks to the anomalies in this country's signal, the subtitles are not shown when I play the file. They were when I first tried it but now they don't work...