NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Shift

Wii Controler Question

Just a thought (and a kind of stupid one), but say youre playing a game, and then while youre playing the game you move, so you decide to sit or stand some where else in the room, will the Wii work out that youve moved or will it think that the controller is in a different position (so if you move left the Wii would think that youre always aiming left)?

Also on a similar note, does the analogue addon sence how far away from the wiimote it is or how far away from the sensor bar?

This is something of nothing realy, not a concern to me me, but id still like to know how it works.

Maybe you turn the game in stand by ... We'll have to wait to see that.

And the nunkchuch only has tilt fuctions, so it won't sence anything of that.

And the nunkchuch only has tilt fuctions, so it won't sence anything of that.

Ah yes, silly me :)

i think you have to configure the wii before you play the first time. for instance "put the wiimote on the lowest point (floor) of you room and press A" as it is with the touchscreen of the ds

The Mario demo actually expressed a simple calibration program each time the demo was started.

You extend your arm to a point where it is comfortable, aim it directly at the centre of the screen and then providing you don't move from where you are playing it should be fine.

If the controller and system both know the 'resting position' any deviation from this centre point can be tracked throughout the play session.

For multiplay you'll all do the same.. but surround the TV in a oval kind of shape.

(and a kind of stupid one)

It was a perfectly valid question! Have more faith in yourself sonny.

There's probably some button (possibly 'home') that disables motion sensing while you hold it and then you can go sit somewhere else, or point your Wiimote at the TV again if you put it off aim.

Or perhaps "home" just resets the home position, rather than having to hold it down. That's what I always thought it did.

Sign in to follow this