NEurope
CompSci

Need Help: TFT ADVICE

i need a new monitor, and found this tft, i looked at the features and i believe it is good, i have read reviews on it and there all positive,

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/?rb=11088243797&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X3Jldmlld3M=&product_uid=83914

i want to ask other tech heads if its good, or if u can recommend me any

this are the condition that it must meet

i am only shelling out at least £200 (may be more)

it must have 3 yrs warranty

it must have support for 75htz and above

also a low response time as possible

Awesome pic quality

p.s what’s the difference between analogue input and dvi input?

Thanks

update

what about thisone

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=11222370410&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X3Jldmlld3M=&product_uid=93621

As far as I know, no TFTs support above 75hz, and also, most, if not all, TFT-LCD panels run best at 60hz.

You want DVI input, it's just better. It means the signal is sent to the monitor, pixel for pixel, and there's no confusion about where the image should be placed on the screen, or what colour those pixels should be.

Here's a simple as fuck diagram:

With DVI:

PC Graphics Card > Monitor

Digital signal--------------

With analogue:

PC Graphics Card > Monitor

Digital - Analogue-- Digital

Basically it has to convert it more times if you use analogue, resulting in (sometimes minor, sometimes visible) degredation.

You will find a TFT that can swing 75Mhz on the Vertices, but never will you find one that hacks it on the Horizontal - which is the scan your interested in, as Roady said.

Truth be told its hard to tell any game past 60FPS with a CRT so its not really an issue. What it will mean is when you play a game that does run past 60FPS you will need to select V-Sync, or Vertical Sync which caps the FPS at the monitor refresh rate. So in your case 60Hz, thusly 60FPS. If your FPS exceeds your refresh rate you get tearing which is when the screen is refreshing midway through a frame render.

For me, the Acer has the slight edge because it has DVI...

i thought so, thanks for the reply

ok then which is the better moniter

this one

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...oduct_uid=83914

or this one

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...oduct_uid=93621

CompSci it says "page not found" for me

about the tft... 8ms is too low for image quality, i'd go for 12ms if I were you...

12ms is equal to 85 Hz refresh rate, under that you'll be sacrificing the colors further and image quality, it'll be quite ugly for movies and pretty much sacrifice the color quality in all the product, while playing you'll hardly notice though, I dont know if this is still true for this new generation LCD's but it was... two months ago.

the thing is if I want to get the process faster of changing a color I might make it change faster if the color isn't that acurate and then take like a few frames from the refresh rate to get the real color right/stabilize it... I dont really like that cheating method, I find it horrible for movies; note that I dont know if these monitors are the case.

about the DVI advantage... only if you have a ATi graphics card as it supports 162 MHz DVI (Standard) Nvidia cards still only support 144 MHz so the signal is not that pure, DVI may be better for future support and all though, but if you have a nvidia card and it costs much more, it's not worth it.

CompSci it says "page not found" for me

about the tft... 8ms is too low for image quality, i'd go for 12ms if I were you...

12ms is equal to 85 Hz refresh rate, under that you'll be sacrificing the colors further and image quality, it'll be quite ugly for movies and pretty much sacrifice the color quality in all the product, while playing you'll hardly notice though, I dont know if this is still true for this new generation LCD's but it was... two months ago.

the thing is if I want to get the process faster of changing a color I might make it change faster if the color isn't that acurate and then take like a few frames from the refresh rate to get the real color right/stabilize it... I dont really like that cheating method, I find it horrible for movies; note that I dont know if these monitors are the case.

about the DVI advantage... only if you have a ATi graphics card as it supports 162 MHz DVI (Standard) Nvidia cards still only support 144 MHz so the signal is not that pure, DVI may be better for future support and all though, but if you have a nvidia card and it costs much more, it's not worth it.

links are fixed

hmm 8 ms, i been told the lower the responce time the better, is not true any more? man this gettting confusing (man i hate computers some times), any how i am going to do more research before i put down my hard earned student loan :( , will post results

oh yeah i got a ati 9800 pro, which has a dvi input socket

links are fixed

hmm 8 ms, i been told the lower the responce time the better, is not true any more? man this gettting confusing (man i hate computers some times), any how i am going to do more research before i put down my hard earned student loan :( , will post results

oh yeah i got a ati 9800 pro, which has a dvi input socket

yes... the first 8 ms monitors ever the BenQ ones sucked in terms of light and colors the new 2 ms monitors from viewsonic suck in those points, the faster the monitor the bigger sacrifice, that's why sony for example is still on the 12 ms in the majority of it's screens and only 8 ms on a few ones no matter how expensive they are they aren't going further than that, under 16 ms you already have to sacrifice colors from 16,7 million to 16,2 million with dithering applied, sure it doesn't make that much diference, but at this moment getting more than that is struggling against the limitations rather than fix them.