NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Streets of Rage 4

Been playing this again today in between sessions of FFXVI and have made some good progress.

I've been attempting to get the hardest trophies to see if it's worth me going for the platinum, one of which is getting S rank scores on each level on the hard difficulty setting. 

GB-bV-9XYAAoTtW?format=jpg&name=large

Not a bad day's work. I'm just needing 3 more to mop up that trophy. The Old Pier level is regarded as the hardest. Apparently when the developers last updated the game they made the score for this stage a lot harder than it originally was. I'll keep at it and hopefully I'll get the S rank.

The other hard trophy is from the DLC and involves reaching level 30 in the roguelike mode. I kept getting to level 20-23 but couldn't get higher...until now.

GB-bV_AWMAEWSvg?format=jpg&name=large

I had a good run and saved up 15 special moves which I started to unleash around the level 26 mark. I also had some good perks that really helped me out. I ended up being able to fully level up the AI parter perk and it took the heat away from me whilst also dishing out a lot of damage.

Could I actually get the platinum on this game?

Fitting clip given the name of the trophy I just unlocked. :D

• Like 1

Always weird seeing H-o-T talking about rogulike modes and actually getting trophies for them. Voluntarily.

This year has been crazy.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Always weird seeing H-o-T talking about rogulike modes and actually getting trophies for them. Voluntarily.

This year has been crazy.

Hey, I've come round to the genre in recent years. It's fun when done right. Maybe one day I'll even play Slay the Spire.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Hey, I've come round to the genre in recent years. It's fun when done right. Maybe one day I'll even play Slay the Spire.

While I would love that, I doubt you'd enjoy it. :p There's no real meta progression aside from a couple of relic and card unlocks. Once you unlocked 'em all (doesn't take too long), that's it.

It took a lot of restarts of stage 4 but I finally done it.

GB__hUDXUAAE8jG?format=jpg&name=large

GB__hUCXUAADPYj?format=jpg&name=large

All the other trophies are easy enough to get now. Just have to complete the game 7 more times and then keep building up my lifetime score to 5,000,000. That one is gonna be a massive grind though. I'm only sat at 2,000,000 at the moment and I imagine I won't reach that for a while. Something to just pick at in between other games. 

• Thanks 1

Just doing a playthrough with Blaze and noticed the background art in this level.

GCKHA0hXQAA2Y9C?format=jpg&name=large

Clearly a sign of their next project...

Further on in level I noticed Roo is now wearing a Santa's hat.

GCKHA0cXgAAYLYh?format=jpg&name=large

Must be because I'm playing the game on. Christmas day. What a cool little detail.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nabbed the platinum this evening.

GCn2J2nW0AA7CD1?format=jpg&name=large

The trophy I left to unlock the platinum was this one.

GCn2J2rXMAArMRY?format=jpg&name=large

Seemed quite fitting. :D

I loved this game back when it first released and I love it even more now. This was one of those cases where going for the platinum required a further understanding of the games systems and in learning them I got a much better appreciation of the game itself.

The combo/high score system is so satisfying to pull off. There's a real risk and reward going on with it. There were so many times where I got greedy, ended up being hit and then lost all of my points because I didn't bank them. When grinding for points I did manage some insane combos but was always too scared to push it further.

GCn3l2YXkAA7UTb?format=jpg&name=large

When I did lose my combo it was usually to one of these SOBs.

GCn3l2YXkAEsGta?format=jpg&name=large

Seriously, no matter which iteration of this enemy it was it would always manage to get a sly jab or uppercut on me. Dude should have been the final boss of the game. :p

Loved playing through this again and doing so highlighted just what an amazing game it is. Easily the best in the series and I really doubt that the newly announced SoR will match its quality.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this