NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Pestneb

Word 2000

ok, got an interesting problem here, just wondering if any of you have any ideas..

we have a word 2000 document. it has footnotes in it, and they need to be printed.

however, they randomly dissapear. as in they are there "move the cursor over the number 1 for example and up comes a text box telling you what will be in footnote 1, scroll down to where footnote 1 should be... no footnotes at all.

this was weird, but when text was entered into the document all the footnotes reappeared (this document is several pages big).

when this was added we tested by adding more/taking away text, either way the footnotes would dissapear, then some would appear while others had dissappeared

We've tried copying and pasting into another document, but that hasn't worked, the fault carried over.

if anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated, as it would take several hours to recreate the document from scratch

Its almost definitly a format issue - like Page Format, or a funny setting embedded into the .doc format. You tried looking at the help? I know it sounds simple, but it does sound like a rather simple setup issue.

Its almost definitly a format issue - like Page Format, or a funny setting embedded into the .doc format. You tried looking at the help? I know it sounds simple, but it does sound like a rather simple setup issue.

its pretty screwed up.

it was made in word perfect at some point, then convert to (or from?) another format, and finally to Word. this happened to several documents. they are all screwed up.

I have to fix this one (why I don't know) but I can't. restarting from scratch isn't an option, too much text :(

on page 8 and 9 there's a table, footers show ok unless the table on page 8 goes onto page 9, then all the footers disappear.

on page 10 and 11, its exactly the same, but making the table bigger doesn't make the footers disappear.

I was tempted to copy page 10 and 11, paste them, then retype the information from page 8 and 9.... but the computer doesn't like that. pasted pages 10 and 11 into a blank document and the table got killed, as in it looked wrong. at that point I gave up for the day.

I think accidentally deleting the file, and somehow removing all its backups would be the easiest option somehow. :(

Sign in to follow this