N-Europe

X-Force (Film)

Happenstance

This past week or so, we’ve been “off camera,” chasing rumours that Fox are on the verge of announcing plans for their extended X-Men movie universe. We were tipped off that they will – unsurprisingly – be using their panel at Comic-Con as the launch pad.

We did know already that Brian Singer will be there in San Diego, presenting X-Men: Days Of Future Past, a film which already brings together – if indeed they were ever apart – the previous X-Men movie timelines.

We’re still not sure which titles will make up the studio’s new mutant-based movie line, though X-MenFilms.com have uncovered one domain registration that’s pretty much a smoking gun. According to the who is registration info they’ve dug up, Fox have an X-Force The Movie URL registered and ready to roll.

x-force-movie.jpg?f6a06b

Whether there’ll be any accessible content at that URL after the panel remains to seen, but this registration at least backs up some of what we’ve been hearing about the studio’s plans.

Digging into URL registrations between now and next weekend’s panel may yield more results, or the news may trickle out elsewhere. In any case, I promise you we’ll be there in Hall H, bringing you official word from the panel as fast as is humanly possible.

X-Force, for those who don’t know the comic, were the tough nuts of the X-Men world: think Cable, think Deadpool, and more recently, even, Wolverine.

I think I agree with Rich that Peter Milligan and Mike Allred‘s X-Statix series was an even better twist on the same ideas – so, who knows, an X-Force movie may lead in to an X-Statix follow up. That would be nice.

Fox’s Hall H panel kicks off at 4.15 Pacific on Saturday July 20th. If you can’t be there, you know where to tune your dial… we’ll have you covered.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/07/12/fox-to-use-comic-con-as-launching-pad-for-wider-x-men-universe-x-force-film-included/

Looks like Rob Liefeld confirmed it for them as well

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/07/12/rob-liefeld-confirms-upcoming-x-force-movie/