NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Caris

Pro controller question.

Can you use the Pro Controller to turn the Wii U on and off and navigate the OS? If not can you turn the gamepad off if your using it to say play Call of Duty?

Just something that's crossed my mind.

@Caris - I hadnt actually thought about it until i saw your post so did a few tests. You can turn on the system fine using the pro controller, when it turns on you will get a little wiimote like pointer on the screen that you can move around with the analogue sticks. You can bring the screen thats normally on the gamepad up onto the TV with the X button and launch games from there, check your friends list etc as you normally would, and you can totally play games using it with no issues.

The WiiU pad will come on however and unfortunately i dont think you can turn it off, it does let you see the alternate screen however that you dont have up on your tv so dont see it being a problem. Here is the very exciting part (for me at least), you can use the WiiU Pad as your screen and play with the controller in games that support the Controller option, so for the likes of Tekken when you really need a decent controller and someones hogging the tv, you can get the sound and picture on the WiiU pad and use the pro pad for the actual fighting!

Sorry bit longer than i intended, got a bit excited lol ^_^

*edit - ive just noticed, from within a game you can check miiverse but i wasnt able to navigate it using the pro controller, not sure if it was just the way i was trying to use it but its important that you know there are some places where the controller has limited functions.

Edited by Kagato
new information

Sign in to follow this