N-Europe

Tandy gameshop?

sagat

Anyone knows what ever happened to the Tandy game shop in London? it was the shop where i bought my first ever game console in 1993 (SNES:) with my mum and siblings. The memories of entering the store and seeing CDi's, 3D0's, Jaguar 64 etc for £300 and above will never depart from me.

I hope it has not closed down or has it merged?

Anyone knows what ever happened to the Tandy game shop in London? it was the shop where i bought my first ever game console in 1993 (SNES:) with my mum and siblings. The memories of entering the store and seeing CDi's, 3D0's, Jaguar 64 etc for £300 and above will never depart from me.

I hope it has not closed down or has it merged?

It was a national company...none of their stores exist these days.

They still (vaguely) exist in the UK - http://www.t2retail.co.uk/

Tandy were part of the InterTAN group, who were originally part of Tandy Corp - now called RadioShack Corporation. The UK retail operation 'Tandy' was sold to Carphone Warehouse in 2001. Carphone Warehouse kept the stores that they needed to fuel rapid expansion of the company (they only bought Tandy for the retail locations; they had prime spots on a lot of high streets but weren't doing well, thus CPW got a bargain) and sold the remaining stores to a new company called T2 (at the time a separate, new retail entity from InterTAN). T2 still exist, though they are now independent and most of the retail locations have gone. They are still the UK's main supplier for RadioShack products.

Edited by McPhee