NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Pookiablo

BnBGaming is looking for a Nintendo writer

Hey guys,

Let me first apologise, as all I ever seem to come here for nowadays for is to bang on about my website.

Basically, I am looking for another writer to help me cover all things Nintendo at Bits 'n' Bytes Gaming. I am struggling to keep up with reporting everything at the moment. I initially thought of asking here, because, well, this is a Nintendo forum!

Bits 'n' Bytes Gaming launched back in October 2010 and has grown at a phenomenal rate since then. We currently average around 35,000 to 40,000 visitors a month and have managed to gain a fair bit of recognition in the industry (Ashley can vouch for my appearance at the Zelda 3D preview evening...even if I was one of the cocktail waiter...)

It's still early days and we're currently coming towards the end of our 1 year trial period. After this, the plan is to massively upgrade the site and really push for greater recognition and success in the field.

Therefore, I need someone that fits the following criteria. Firstly (and most obviously), I need someone who has good writing skills (no qualifications required) that can adhere to our style guide and write in an engaging manner. I also need someone who can cover Nintendo news on a daily basis and write their own features/editorials. At BnBGaming we love opinion pieces and so give the writer the platform to share their own ideas with the gaming community.

Furthermore, we run regular features and editorials such as the Friday Roundtable discussion, The Top 5, PodBytes (our podcast show), and many more. I would need someone who would be interested in contributing to these on a regular basis.

Lastly, the person that joins (should someone pity me enough to join) must be enthusiastic and committed. BnBGaming is a lot of work for me, but the personal rewards and seeing the site grow are really worthwhile aspects.

So if you're interested, check out the site http://bnbgaming.com and then send me an email to [email protected], telling me a bit more about yourself. I would prefer if you were based in the UK as then you would be able to attend press events, etc. with me.

Otherwise, I hope everyone is well. I do check back here now and again and can i personally thank whoever put that link in the funny stuff thread to the dating site thing where that person sketched really harsh pictures of the women on there - I was actually in tears of laughter when I saw it.

Thanks!

Nintendo? Rats... Any room for 360?

Come to think of it, yes! Although given your credentials I fear you may find us too amateurish!

Actually, I think the site's pretty cool. Nice design and the Child of Eden review is really well written.

Actually, I think the site's pretty cool. Nice design and the Child of Eden review is really well written.

I loved the CoE review. It is unfortunately by a guest writer who I can't convince to join the site (he very honestly admitted that he's too lazy for that sort of thing) which is a great shame because he is an incredibly talented writer.

I'm liking the positive feedback so far, have a think about it and come back to me. I do actually really need someone in the UK to cover Microsoft news.

Cool, well I'm up for that. I'll send over my portfolio to that contact email address.

Congrats on the growth of the site - kinda excuses your lack of appearance around here.

I do not write and I hate nintendo, so I can't help you :P

Sign in to follow this