Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Nothing To Do

Ashley

Because the vipassanā course is a challenge issued to me by my younger self! I can't ignore something like that :p And I'd like to experience "proper" meditation at least once. Not particularly interested, but want to know what it's like :)

Heh, well that's a good mindset to have :) Meditation can be very interesting, so do give it a try at some point! It's like exploring your own mind, awesome stuff...like "hey, wtf, so many thoughts going on here...and I'm not thinking!" :o

Yoga is something I'd like to try at least once too, but I really don't think it's for me...I'd rather martial arts or something. I'm really impatient and would rather learn how to roundhouse kick someone than contort my body :grin:
:D Yeah, I know what you mean...just wanting to let the energy burst out! Anyway, if you wanna try it sometime, go for ashtanga yoga as its much more physically demanding than some of the other forms. You know, it's friggin' weird...I've been trying running etc now, but I've yet to get the same kind of total workout that you get from asthanga! :o I just goes through your whole body in such a diverse way that it feels totally awesome...energises everything for sure!

Actually, was watching Whose line is it anyway today and there was a contortionist there, now that was brilliant...and got me thinking, "hey why not make my own work-out, twisting, flexing and working different parts of my body just based on how it feels" :D Gotta try that out!

tumblr_ljtbvtUHFm1qgr3b3o1_500.jpg

xD

How about...

8450282.jpg

;)

I'm somewhat feeling the same way now. I finished my last exam over a week ago and I graduate from high school (High school means ages 15 to 18 where I live) on Tuesday. I'm starting university over the summer (just one course though), and I've got a job lined up for August, but neither of those are going to take up that much of my time really. Currently I'm playing through Oblivion in preparation for Skyrim, but I really can't seem to play more than a few hours a day even when I have nothing else going on. I'm considering writing some sort of daily game making/programming tutorial to release on the forum here, sort of as a community learning thing.