NEurope
yoyo

Theory: Wii2/N6 and 3DS Will be Sideways Compatible

Either way why on earth have so many launch-window games come out with crisp screenshots of 480x800?

The width and height are exactly twice what the 3DS actually shows in 2D-mode. I'm assuming devs can easily do these with the dev-kits and prefer to show those instead of tiny 400x240 images, which aren't particularly impressive on a PC-monitor. Combined with the high AA in the images, it's a form of "sugarcoating" the screenshots.

I really don't believe that people buy any console soley for certain games and exclusives though, and I could really see this plan stimulating both.

A lot of people do, myself included.

My PS3 was bought for Heavy Rain / God of War & Metal Gear solid 4. Not dipped into Uncharted yet, but have that option available now.

My Wii is purely for Nintendo games, the only 2 games I have on it that aren't Developed / Published by Nintendo are Cooking Mama and Rayman raving Rabbids.

however my 360 while bought for the likes of Halo & Gears, also is my main multiplatform console of choice, so gets the attention of COD's, NFS, and other such games that are multi console.