NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Wrath

TV Infrared Strength issue.

Hey

Long time reader, rare poster here.

Bought myself a new TV a while ago, and currently (very) slightly annoyed at it.

(It's an LG 42LE5300 Edge LED Full HD TV 120Hz)

When sitting at an angle from the television IR reciever (conveniently placed at the bottom right of the TV - furthest away from my computer) I have to aim so carefully with the remote control to mute/change channel when i'm sitting by the computer. (Yeah, i know, why don't i just sit in the sofa in front of it?) Yes, i sometimes browse the web while skimming past some channels. (Analogue antenna cable tv, no separate TV Box, such as Sky, Canal Digital etc) so i use the TV remote to change channels - retro!

Derailed slightly from the topic there. What i'm wondering is if there's a cheap, smart solution to somehow either move or extend the range of the infrared receiver to better accommodate my lazy ways of not sitting on the couch.

Any ideas or am I just grasping at straws here? I guess maybe a universal remote or something with a stronger IR sender (maybe some gizmo IR amplifier that can curve the Infrared rays and whatnot :P )

To be honest, even when i'm sitting directly in front of the TV, it doesn't always feel like responding to my expectations.

Thanks in advance, i guess. Forgive me if i'm making a (not very) big deal out of something trivial :D

Sign in to follow this