NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DarioG

DVD RW problem - require advice

i bought a DVD RW from ebuyer, its a Samsung SH-W162C 16x DVD±RW, from ebuyer (quick code 97067) It was OEM but i dont care about that as i dont need packaging. I installed it and although i had a few minor problems with the jumpers i sorted that and had it working fine, or so i thought. I started reading cd's and dvd's and they read very well then i tried burning a cd first with Nero 6 Ultra. It took a while starting and then it just had an error at around 20%. it aslo didnt burn at the speed stated, it had said max speed 32X when the Max speed of this drive should be 48X. i'm gonna try a DVD but does anyone have any ideas. is this a problem with the unit and needs returning or a problem with my PC which isnt exactly brand new but is still a P4 1.8Ghz, 256MB etc so not too old either.

You should always try burning at a low speed. Cheap discs can be a problem too.

Practice with RW media so that you don't end up with loads of coasters.

Now when i try to burn a disk through windows explorer it says there is no disk in the drive when there clearly is. i've never had a problem with the imation disks i use before.

I'm trying CD's at the moment, i'm gonna try a DVD next but was hoping to get it working. In Nero, my old CDRW was reading the same disk but the new DVD RW drive it said the drive was not ready or there was no disk in the drive...

I am using the same NERO software as i did before i got the DVD drive but the one i have is actaully newer than the one supplied so surely that wont be it will it.

Another thing i've just noticed is that the update file that comes with the installation cd keeps saying the drive is not supported.

Sign in to follow this