NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
killer kirby

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (PSP)

So the game comes out in Japan on the 3rd of December and just like a new pokemon game Japan is going to explode when this game it out. From everything I have seen of the game it looks awwwwwwwesome. Seriously, I have never seen the PSP being pushed like it has been now. New Monsters, new location, old monsters...but no swimming :( (Good bye lagiacrus and Gobul) the older weapons from the older games are back as well so yeah this game looks insane for a portable game. And the demo I tried out was smooth and fantastic to play (You only get to fight a royal ludroth and a Barroth in the snow)

Anyway enough of me talking, video clips will explain and make MH cry and jizz in their pants xD

So...who is super excited about this? :grin::grin::grin:

If I owned a psp, this would be on my (short)list of what to get as I love the wii version. Wish this series was coming to the ps3 like before.

Monster Hunter sells like gang busters over in Japan on the PSP, heck it's the only reason PSP has been able to hold on for such a long time in the market.

I expect it to come out on the 3DS, or an expansion to Portable 3rd (I hope)

Monster Hunter sells like gang busters over in Japan on the PSP, heck it's the only reason PSP has been able to hold on for such a long time in the market.

I expect it to come out on the 3DS, or an expansion to Portable 3rd (I hope)

Yeah I know. Tis a shame though because this franchise seems to drive the sales of the psp, and if they were to release it on another format, it could have the same effect.

Loved the wii version because it is one of the most relaxing games (for me) to play and you need that sometimes when the shooters and beat em ups piss you off for the nth time.

Yeah I know. Tis a shame though because this franchise seems to drive the sales of the psp, and if they were to release it on another format, it could have the same effect.

The PS2 copies and the Wii copies sold are no where near that of the PSP ones sold, what makes it click is the local multiplayer, in Japan they have to pay an online fee to go online, the PSP ones you don't go online, just random multiplayer, so people can be on trains and just go the gathering hall and many hunters will also be around, so it's free for them through that.

Loved the wii version because it is one of the most relaxing games (for me) to play and you need that sometimes when the shooters and beat em ups piss you off for the nth time.

I hope they bring out something like Monster Hunter 3G for the Wii just so I can continue hunting underwater. It's one feature I will truly miss in this game.

And this thread doesn't feel right, need H-O-T to go insane with hype for this game :heh:

The PS2 copies and the Wii copies sold are no where near that of the PSP ones sold, what makes it click is the local multiplayer, in Japan they have to pay an online fee to go online, the PSP ones you don't go online, just random multiplayer, so people can be on trains and just go the gathering hall and many hunters will also be around, so it's free for them through that.

I hope they bring out something like Monster Hunter 3G for the Wii just so I can continue hunting underwater. It's one feature I will truly miss in this game.

And this thread doesn't feel right, need H-O-T to go insane with hype for this game :heh:

LoL. Think H-O-T may have burned himself out on Tri. And yeah, I would happily buy an expansion of some sort for the wii version. If I could take my character as they are and hunt in some new areas with some new monsters, I would be a very happy hunter indeed.

LoL. Think H-O-T may have burned himself out on Tri.

H-O-T burnt out from the Monster Hunter series?

Hell%20frozen.jpg

I haven't paid any attention to this series at all. I actually have a demo disk for Monster Hunter Tri, but haven't ever played it. From what I can tell in those videos it seems like a Phantasy Star Online type experience.

http://kotaku.com/5702971/watch-hundreds-of-japanese-people-wait-patiently-in-monster-lines

Lines of people up to 1000 at various stores! Big respect to Japanese gamers for giving support to this fantastic series. :bowdown: It's just a shame that western gamers don't seem to like it as much. :mad: I'm still praying for a release date over here, or at least the US.

It may be time for me to return to the world of MH3...

http://kotaku.com/5702971/watch-hundreds-of-japanese-people-wait-patiently-in-monster-lines

Lines of people up to 1000 at various stores! Big respect to Japanese gamers for giving support to this fantastic series. :bowdown: It's just a shame that western gamers don't seem to like it as much. :mad: I'm still praying for a release date over here, or at least the US.

It may be time for me to return to the world of MH3...

This is Japan's WOW game, and portable just makes things more better for them as they can hook up with random people everywhere around them and hunt monsters, it's a fantastic system which I really want to see bigger in other parts of the world. Here is hoping for the 3DS announcement, Nintendo helped out giving the series a better name in the western regions, lets hope Nintendo can continue supporting the series if when it comes onto the Nintendo system.

Aaaaanyway, now that the game is out...where will MH be announced for next? xD

What is a "PSP" ?

A system which has Monster Hunter which is a game so awesome that if I could only get it by selling my 360 and all my games on it to just get the demo of the game, I would.

The first sales numbers are in. I just nicked these details from Gaf.

Famitsu (Enterbrain) has released their tracked numbers for last week's release of MHP3. The game sold 2,146,467 copies from Wednesday to Sunday, and drove PSP hardware sales to the highest weekly record for the hardware in Japan ever - a total of 326,639 units were sold during the week.

It's amazing the pulling power this has, it's became quite the system seller. Apparently Capcom shipped just over 2 million copies, I would love to see how many they would have sold if they had more ready for launch.

Here's how the series has grown over the years.

Title (Year) - First Week / Total Sales

MHP (2005) - 118,317 / 668,964

MHP2 (2007) - 746,313 / 1,720,397

MHP2G (2008) - 823,265 / 2,452,111

MHP3 (2010) - 2,146,467 / ?

Sign in to follow this