NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
DazDude

Wireless Access Point for laptop

i have recently purchased a laptop and have set my wireless card on the pc to access point mode.

The thing is My Nintendo DS picks up the signal no problem but the laptop will not despite the fact it has built in wifi. The drivers seem to be working fine but it will not pick up a signal.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

DazDude

Have you tried updating the drivers?

This might seem really simple, but are you sure the wireless is switched on on the laptop? I fixed someone's network by doing that last week :heh:

What OS are you using? Windows XP SP2 has a much better wireless network detection program than previous version (IMO)

Also, make sure it isn't Window's problem, try using NetStumbler to see if it can find your network http://www.netstumbler.com/downloads/

(note: It's Netstumbler you want, MiniStumbler is for PDAs)

But before all that, make sure wireless is on, you have no idea how long it took me to figure THAT one out for my comp :grin:

Same as what Moria said, I was so close to phoning Dell support because I couldn't get online despite the fact it was working fine an hour ago. Then I realised I had pressed Fn+f2 which disables wireless.

Sign in to follow this