NEurope
Dan_Dare

Janelle Monae

So.. Finally saw her Friday at North Sea Jazz. Great performance, but too bad the sound wasn’t all that great, though it got better later on.

Janelle sure knows to put up a show. All kind of theatrics, a live painting session, and even an oldksool stagedive!

janelle_stagedive.png

Yes blurry (I really have to get a better camera for next year / in general), but it’s proof :p. I haven’t been to many concerts, and this is the first time I’ve ever seen one..

I didn’t want to spend any more money.. But I had to get a souvenir:

janelle_vinyl.png

I wanted to get it just in case I’d have an opportunity to get an autograph, but unfortunately, I missed my chance at the afterparty where she was “DJ-ing†(she was picking the tunes and doing some dancing, while a real DJ was doing the actual DJ-ing :D). Oh well, I’ll get that chance another time ;). I needed that album anyway.

Saw her when she appeared on Stargate Universe as herself, she intrigued me.

Dance Apocalyptic

Love it (well, without all the interruptions from the video). It’s from the new album The electric lady, which will be released on 10th September. I love vinyl, so I think I’ll order the limited single release of above track. That and her album can be found in [her shop].

I'm quite looking forward to this. I liked Archandroid (duh) but strangely haven't listened to it in full since I started uni (2010!). It reminds me a lot of that time. Hmm.

Heard Dance Apocalyptic on the radio (jokes) and it made me like it even more.