NEurope

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tales

Jazz festival in Molde

Ok, so I'm trying this multiple thread thingie. Or well actually it wouldn't matter as I probably would/wouldn't posted it regardless.

Anywhere here I go; Fission Mailed.

So I'm currently back at my dorm in Molde, Norway, to see the jazz festival they have every year. It's 50th time it's held. I don't have much interest in jazz, I mostly went back just to say I have been here. Since I don't how much about jazz I didn't go to any of the pay-to-watch concerts and only went back and forth between the two free areas. Got to listen to all of Red Baraat, an American-Indian(as in India) 9-man band and something that was definitively not Jazz, Pure Faen(pure fuck(the curse word, not the act)) and others less noticeable.

The best thing I got to see was an Ukrainian band called Atmasfera. God knows what kind of music they played but both I and the crowd loved it. It was a great mix of guitar, some kind of mexican/spanish(?) tiny guitar-like string instrument, a tiny drum a guy slapped with his hands, a flute, great female vocals(in Ukrainian I assume) and amazing energy on the scene. I was really disappointed when I found out they weren't going to perform anymore this week. Luckily they were selling their album after they were done. I was one of the first one to buy, but I wouldn't be surprised if they sold the 30 or so they had on display. I found them on iTunes but only as free samples. The actual songs are 5-7 minutes in length. According to the flyer I got handed earlier they mostly travel around in festivals like this, including something called "subways" in England.

I'm really not a creative guy when it comes to writing and vocabulary, but I hope you liked it. Going tomorrow as well, hopefully it won't rain as much. I'm sure today shower flooded the Netherlands.