NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ice9

Reformatting HDD

I will be reformatting my HDD soon, but i have documents that i want to keep. I have about 30-40 Gb of stuff i want to keep, so it wont fit on my iPod. does anyone have any suggestions? Can i hire USB hard drives from somewhere?

You could save the partition the items are on. Or if you've got space you create add a new partition, stick you stuff in there then delete the other partitions.

When I formatted my HD I used my memory stick and an iPod, but then again I didn't try to save 40Gb.

If you have a dvd rw drive then a slow but easy method is to write the data to dvd's. Can be time consuming tho.

The only other alternative I can think of is to store them on writable dvds, assuming you have a DVD writer of course! Even this method would still take 8-12 dvds, not to mention bags of time to burn them all!

Personally I think DVD's are the only real way. If you have an 8X burner then thats about 5-6 minutes burning time for 4.7Gbs - so with that you can work out how many DVD's you will need and the time it will take.

It might be worth buying a DVD-RW if you havnt got one, because its always a handy thing to have, backing up is only one of the uses. They are pretty cheap as well these days. You can pick up a fairly good one from say ebuyer for about £30-£40.

Sign in to follow this