NEurope
dazzybee

Rock Band 2 - FINALLY!!!

People don't seem to like music games on these boards, but I thought I'd post this anyway as I still love them...

Rock Band 2 is finally coming to Europe after a HUGE delay (and worries it was going to slip further into 2010).

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=98514

Personally I'm looking forward to it. With a lower RRP (as an apology?) you can get 100 songs for £25. 25p a song! Bargain!

This hasn't come out on Wii yet?! Bloody hell...rofl. I'm almost exhausted from RB2. Bring on L:RB for me, now.

People don't seem to like music games on these boards!

weve been through this. there isn't much to talk about when it comes to these type of games. :)

plus this is almost longer than modern warfare coming out.

harmonix are very foolish to wait this long though.. guitar hero is scarily successful on the wii.

Please explain to me why there's more to talk about on other games than there are music games?

What else is there to talk about? It's a game that's been out for over a year on other platforms. There's nothing new here. On top of that, it's not going to have any exclusive features worth mentioning or a brand new setlist. It's the same game! If you want to talk about it, go to the Rock Band thread in Other Consoles. Alternatively, wait until the release of the game to talk about it, when people will actually have the game and want to talk about it.

Oh, and don't get the wrong idea; I absolutely adore rhythm games. Love 'em. I could beat each and every one of you at a GH or RB match - except Villan, perhaps.

After playing The Beatles: Rock Band, I'm defintley intrested in trying a standard Rock Band game, but I'm gonna wait a while as the downloadable Beatles songs will keep me going once they're released.

The thing with EA/MTV don't want to market Rock Band for Wii or at Australia and Europeans at all.

Rock Band US: November 20, 2007

Rock Band EU: May 23, 2008

European Rock Band 1 came out about 7 months later as a time based 360 exclusive and the Wii version of RB1 was later. The Wii version was water down version that removed modes and removed the stereo sound from the game in the US.

EA/MTV staggered RB2 launch in the US and had the Wii version released after christmas.

Europe only recently got RB2 on the 360 and PS3 but the Wii version still isn't available in Europe also Rock Band 2 hasn't come out in Australia yet plus GH3-4 sold alot better on the Wii in US as well.

Edited by Dante

Bloody hell, that took it's time.

Oh, and don't get the wrong idea; I absolutely adore rhythm games. Love 'em. I could beat each and every one of you at a GH or RB match - except Villan, perhaps.

Correct. I am awesome. :hehe:

Europe only recently got RB2 on the 360 and PS3.

Wha? It came out last November on the 360. That's not "only recently". PS3 maybe, but certainly not 360.

Will the Rock Band 2 Band in a Box be compatible with Guitar Hero 5? I'm still paranoid that Activision and Harmonix's rivalry means that there's still incompatibility issues on the Wii...

Similarly, are all of the instruments backwards-compatible with World Tour?