Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PS2 networking problems(wireless network related)

masaki86

I am posting this on behalf of a mate; this is relating to a ps2 with Pro Ev 5, a PC with Windows Xp...

Has anyone managed to get a wireless connection going using a BT Voyager 2091 modem? I'm on a 2MB connection and am using it with a Netgear 54MBPs Wireless Gaming Adapter. This is of course for the PS2.

I used to have a Netgear 108MBPs Wireless Modem/Router and that buggered up on my(kept kicking me off pro) I'd hoped that by upgrading to the BT Voyager 2091 it'd be a lot quicker, but as of yet I can't even get a connection, says it "Cannot connect to the pppoe server." I'm tearing my hair out - can any of you guys point me in the right direction? BT says it should work fine with the Netgear router (it works ok with Netgear Wireless Adapter Cards).

The Voyager is plugged into my computer. Do I have to configure the Router Manager at all?

EDIT: Actually I can now get past the first stage but it fails to find the DNS. I've tried auto doing it and manually entering the addresses, and changed the router manager too, but no luck.

Archived