N-Europe

Help required with Apple Time Capsule/ iTunes Libary

Mucky.Fingers

(Mods, I hope you don't mind a separate thread for this but feel free to move if necessary)

Like many people I've built up quite an extensive range of cd's over the past 20 odd years and now I feel the time has come to move my collection into the digital age.

I currently have all my music encoded onto iTunes at 256k which totals to about 20gb which is fine for my ipod but I feel will begin to show its weaknesses if hooked up to a high quality Marantz hi fi system, which brings me onto my question, I would like to create a second iTunes library (easy enough so far) but encode all music as apple lossless, which would in turn make my music collection over 100gb (almost as big as my hard drive!) so I am looking at picking up a 500gb time capsule, now ideally I would like to use the time capsule as a wi-fi hard drive and use my computer to access the itunes library from the time capsule, is this possible first of all?

If yes would I also need to purchase an airport express to connect the time capsule to my hi-fi or does the time capsule have audio outputs?

Does anyone have experience in a similar system or any other ideas on how I can achieve what I want?

I have googled this and can't find any answers that are specific to my questions and as I have had much help from people here before I hope you can help me again.

(For reference I'm running OSX 10.5 on MacBook 2.4ghz 2gb ram)

Archived