NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Deathjam

Java Playstation 3 Media Server

Wired connection has yet again proved to own. Transcoding and streaming problems are now a thing of the past as I bought a new ethernet cable for just 7.99 for my comp, got some masking tape for the old wire as I had accidently sherred some of plastic protective coating, and now thats in my ps3. 1080p anime and 24 here I come :D

Wired connection has yet again proved to own. Transcoding and streaming problems are now a thing of the past as I bought a new ethernet cable for just 7.99 for my comp, got some masking tape for the old wire as I had accidently sherred some of plastic protective coating, and now thats in my ps3. 1080p anime and 24 here I come :D

You get an ethernet cable in the box with PS3 plus poundland do them for £1. :p

But yes take advantage of that 1000Mb port on the PS3. Wireless tops out at 54Mb in comparison. :awesome:

You get an ethernet cable in the box with PS3 plus poundland do them for £1. :p

But yes take advantage of that 1000Mb port on the PS3. Wireless tops out at 54Mb in comparison. :awesome:

...cable in box? I bought this second hand (extremely good condition and was only 4 months old) but I never got an ethernet cable, even though I got the receipt for the machine along with the box and all the cables. Also are these really long cables, like 15 metres in poundland cos thats what i needed.

...cable in box? I bought this second hand (extremely good condition and was only 4 months old) but I never got an ethernet cable, even though I got the receipt for the machine along with the box and all the cables. Also are these really long cables, like 15 metres in poundland cos thats what i needed.

Have a look. I recall seeing nice long ones.

PS3 has a black cable in the box.

As an update http://www.hd-trailers.net are doing mp4 encodes of new trailers.

It keeps asking to auto-update and when I say yes, the bar fills up and then says must download before run...

same. I did it manualy in the end. Had to redo settings fo thumbnails etc.

How do u do it manually? Go to the website and download it again?

Yeah. Thats what i did.

Well a bump for newbies.

Must have program for your Mac or PC.

Latest beta builds are on googlecode in the discussion section.

Might do a summary thread for PS3 as an online media device. Things have come a long way.

I have basically stopped using this now, I think the devices add-on for Vuze is way better as it converts all the files that I normally couldn't get to work.

I have basically stopped using this now, I think the devices add-on for Vuze is way better as it converts all the files that I normally couldn't get to work.

PS3 media server works with everything in normal circumstances unlike Vuze.

But yeah if Vuze works for you thats nice plus it downloads via bitorrent.

I forgot but there are programs now to automatically download your stuff and sort it for you without you doing anything.

Sign in to follow this