NEurope
Hem

Music Festivals

Haven't posted on this forum in a while! Don't know whether this is classed as spam or not, so please delete this thread if it is.

I'm a third year student at the University of Leeds and i'm looking for some responses to a questionnaire I have devised. It's for my final year project. The topic is on music festivals, so if you have any interest in this, please spend a few minutes filling out some questions:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?key=p55jTiBjEuYutIh1PNXZmOA

Cheers, Rich

Hope all is well in the N-E camp <3

Hey Hem,

I completed it for you. Just so you know, you've set the country and the website questions to be mandatory, which means they have to be filled in even if you wanted to leave them blank (like myself).

Hi Dyson, thanks alot for filling it in.

The country question 'Q9. Please list all the countries that you have visited music festivals in (if you have visited none, please type n/a):' I have set as mandatory as it's one of the most important questions.

The idea of my proposed web site is too encourage people to travel to festivals across primarily Europe, but also further a field; as UK festivals are becoming increasingly overcrowded; problems with ticket touting; the weather; and they're also more expensive and generally have worser line ups.

The idea of the question is too research into whether people have visited any European/Worldwide countries before as this is helpful in understanding the userbases previous habits. If people do not wish to fill it in then they can leave n/a in it.

Likewise with the question about websites; this is also important as it forms part of competitor site market research. If users do not wish to fill it in I guess they can just type n/a also.

Many thanks again for taking the time to fill it in!

Have a nice day

Just did it myself. I would say the 'reason you don't travel for festivals' thingy question needs a bigger box, as I listed about four reasons.

Oh wait - No, I can't do it. I haven't been to those websites and you don't have a tick-box option so I can say "none of the above". Not ticking them if I haven't gone, and not going there just because a questionnaire wants me to.

Oh wait - No, I can't do it. I haven't been to those websites and you don't have a tick-box option so I can say "none of the above". Not ticking them if I haven't gone, and not going there just because a questionnaire wants me to.

This, basically. The tick box questions need to have a "None of the above" option for those that havn't been to the countries or websites. :)

Well I thought that for the countries one too - only he's listed basically all of the continents so you kinda have to pick the one you live in. Bit poor as the results from that question won't correlate to the ealier question asking which country you come from properly (the data can be used to say "look, see - 100% of the surveyed people have considered going to gigs in west europe! that means we have a market for this!)...

Thanks for both of your responses guys. I can't believe I made such stupid mistakes in designing the questionnaire, but the suggestions you made Jay I have amended now. So thanks a lot! It should be much easier to answer for future recipients now.

Cheers

Unfortunately I wanted to hand the questionnaire in before I forgot so I ticked a couple of the boxes (North America and eFestivals). If you want to amend your final results, just remove one mark from those responses : peace:

Filled it in for you. I visit efestivals a lot and have been on the festival circuit since 2004. Done about 10 festivals since then! Europe for me next year i think, Sziget or possibly Benicassim (although Beni is quite expensive and a bit too hot tbh).

Thanks McPhee. Yeah, i've heard very good thingd about Sziget, wasn't impressed that much by Beni's '08 lineup but will see what gets announced for '09. Also heard good things about Exit Fest. Personally I wanna check out Roskilde next year!