N-Europe

Iwata-san admits to E3 & friend codes

Dante

Oh my God, no A titles from Nintendo for the rest of this year, WERE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!! :indeed:

People need to settle down, Nintendo shouldn't appoligize, for years and years Nintendo have been trying to bring out great games each year(And you still have Mario Kart and SSBB this year), perhaps you should give them a break for this year. I sure as hell can wait until next year (Means my wallet will gain some weight :yay: )

When he got home, he took a swim in his Olympic pool filled with money to wash it off.

Maybe someone should point out to Iwata-chan that his god damn console has parental controls, and if his daughter is in the way of a better online system, I will kill her.

LMFAO. I really wish I had something useful to say buy I don't, apart from the fact that these comments will keep me laughing for a good few hours longer. :D

Iwatas comment about friend codes is plain stupid. As far as I know, you can pick battles against random adversaries in most online games, so when voice chat comes, there will be unpleasant conversations anyhow. And I don't want stupid censor programs, I still remember back in the days of runescape when words would be unreadable because parts of the word were offensive.

The parental control should basically prohibit being on certain sites, and force the kiddies to use friend codes.

Iwatas apology is way overdue. Nintendo should have written out to all games mags to ignore their pressance at E3, and tell US about this alternate shit about not telling us about games untill right before release. Sure, E3 was toned down because the feminists in the mainstream media complained about the booth babes, but they still shouldn't alienate the people whom usually were interrested in the show.

Maybe I'm gullible, but I'm pleased with what Iwata and Miyamoto have said since E3. Not that the actual week was that bad:

Announcement of MotionPlus - awesome

Animal Crossing - nice little game

Wii Sports Resort - introduces MotionPlus

The latter isn't out until next year, so it's a nice way to introduce the peripheral and demonstrate what future games could be like.

As for "Mario and Zelda", well, I didn't expect another Mario. I want Zelda Wii, but didn't expect it to be out this Christmas. It's just that there are a lot of franchises (big and small) they haven't done for the Wii yet.

Personally, I don't think it's too early to see glimpses of what'll be out Christmas 2009. It's not like the 30 month wait for Twilight Princess (which, I think, angered people mainly because it was unnecessary. At the end of 2005, the design team considered the game finished). I remember seeing a screenshot of Ocarina of Time years before it was out, and that disappointed no one.