NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ysm

Starship Troopers

Any good? It's £20 deal of the week at GAME and with staff discount I get it for 14 quid. I dont want to waste 14 of my hard earned pounds however, so, I want some of your impressions. I downloaded the demo which would barely run on my machine (and I know that it isnt my machine that is the problem, I run stuff like doom 3, Half life 2 without any problems at all). So i cant go by the demo. Opinions?

Yeah, the demo ran like a bitch on my machine as well. My machine that scores a 6451 on 3DMark 05. I haven't played any more than the demo, but I predict another formulaic shooter.

I love that game, it stays true to the movie, killing lots of bugs but there are also some bugs that can't be fought by the player like clipping errors and such. The graphics are actually pretty poor, blurry textures, low polygon count, sometimes jerky movement but still I enjoy the game a lot, there are hords of bugs coming from respawn points and your standard rifle has infinite ammo but overheats quickly. The bug killing with the green blood also stays true to the movies and they have the same weakspots.

The health system is the same as in Halo.

Basically it's just killing lots of bugs, no real team action, no tactic and you often have to fight enemies for several minutes which can get a bit annoying.

I know there's a lot of critsim but now why I love the game: brainless shooting, killing hundred of bugs in a few minutes, Halo health system, it's Starship Troopers and feels like it and did I mention killing hundreds of bugs in a few minutes, if you love the movie you'll also like the game I think - I sure enjoy it a lot.

I have texture quality on medium, shadows on low, softshadows disabled and am running it at 1024*768 and I never had any lag, it runs really smooth and actually I never missed any of these effects in the game that are disabled. It still looks good in it's own way.

My system:

P4 2,2 GHz

768 MB RD Ram

128 MB Geforce 6800

I love that game, it stays true to the movie, killing lots of bugs but there are also some bugs that can't be fought by the player like clipping errors and such. The graphics are actually pretty poor, blurry textures, low polygon count, sometimes jerky movement but still I enjoy the game a lot, there are hords of bugs coming from respawn points and your standard rifle has infinite ammo but overheats quickly. The bug killing with the green blood also stays true to the movies and they have the same weakspots.

The health system is the same as in Halo.

Basically it's just killing lots of bugs, no real team action, no tactic and you often have to fight enemies for several minutes which can get a bit annoying.

I know there's a lot of critsim but now why I love the game: brainless shooting, killing hundred of bugs in a few minutes, Halo health system, it's Starship Troopers and feels like it and did I mention killing hundreds of bugs in a few minutes, if you love the movie you'll also like the game I think - I sure enjoy it a lot.

I have texture quality on medium, shadows on low, softshadows disabled and am running it at 1024*768 and I never had any lag, it runs really smooth and actually I never missed any of these effects in the game that are disabled. It still looks good in it's own way.

My system:

P4 2,2 GHz

768 MB RD Ram

128 MB Geforce 6800

Medium on a 6800??

It's a 6800 with 128 mb so there are quite a few rendering pipelines and such but with 128mb the memory is pretty limited for the textures and actually there isn't too much difference between textures on high or medium for me and it's lag free on that setting, so why not.

Sign in to follow this