N-Europe

ICS Crashing Issue, Please help :(

Guest Jordan

Guest Jordan

Hi!

I've got a real issue with my ICS on Windows XP.

Essentially, i have two network adapters, one has a internet connection and the other connects to my LAN and i want to share the internet to the LAN. No issue, right?

Wrong. For the last 2 hours i've been fighting with this. When i click the "ok" button after selecting the nessessary sharing tick boxes, the window locks. I can't do anything, NOTHING happens. I've tried to use the Windows wizard also, nothing works.

I've tried reinstalling drivers, switching cables over, but nothing i do seems to change the fact that it just crashes the window each time i try to apply the ICS.

Has anyone ANY idea? Seriously. Any help would be really appriciated.

Guest Jordan

Not quite.

Its Router > Homeplug > PC Ethernet (Internet) to share to PC Ethernet 2 (LAN) > Switch > devices.

I currently have the homeplug plugged into the switch, but this means i can't have all my devices on the network at once (need another port...) and my wireless can't run off my server like i want.

Maybe its something hardware wise that is clashing?

That infrastructure is a bit of a brain melt for a n00b like myself ^__^

You get as far as pc Ethernet #1 working fine? How you connect from #1 to #2? If you haven't already I would try a crossover cable.

Are your IP adresses fixed?

I'm sorry if i'm being (unintentionally) condescending/telling you what you already know ^___^ I'm just throwing some ideas out there.

Guest Jordan

Essentially i want to have this:

diagramly8.png

However, it may end up like this:

diagramnu8.png

EDIT:

I bought a new 8 port Netgear switch and i'm borrowing a wireless access point adapter from a work mate (yay!), meaning i'll no longer need to use ICS or format my server.