NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Strider

Drums

Right, as youve seen someones thinking of getting a guitar while im thinking of getting a drum kit. I dont really know that much about them but i want a ok beginner one. Ive been thinking about these two the cannon and ebay one but if you show me any that is better, it would be great.

My budget is around £150-£230.

And if you have any hints or anything it would be apprieciated.

thanks

If you can afford it, i recommend a Yamaha DTXpressII or III. Great for practicing at low volumes and maintenance-free. Then start saving for an acoustic set and get the best cymbals and double-bass pedal you can afford

My first kit is a Pearl Forum series... It was second hand and cost like 250 or soemthing like that.

I can recoomend some cymbals for begginers if the kit doesnt come with decent ones. Sabian Solar. You can Get 20" ride 16" crash and 14" hats in a case and it only costs 50 quid. (bearing in mind they are bottom of the range).

The cannon looks better, more cymbals, but seriously, does anyone have their toms like that? Mine usually have some serious angleage on them.

Anyway, it matters not all that much, begginer kits all sound rather crap. Trust me, I have one :) We have a nice Yamaha one at lessons and the difference is significant. So with that in mind, the main thing for me that I can think of would be that the pedals have nice long footboards. And look at the joints and stuff, you will soon appreciate adjustableness, the toms can be a bitch sorting them how you want, especially the second mounted one.

Everything there looks decent enough though. And I notice it comes with silencer pads. There are two kinds, the thick rubber, and the rubber that is more like foam. I've never used the first but I assume they are better, the foam ones make it quiet enough but dont 'silence' the drums, and they wear out easily. My cymbal pad is worn nearly half way through in one place, and the pads on my toms are beggining to show wear.

Anyway, enjoy drumming :)

Thanks all, Ill order the cannons ....unless other people point out any different.

Tama all the way. Zildijian cymbals and a pork pie snare. Not what i have but what i wish for.

Sign in to follow this