N-Europe

Internet Speed decreases through wireless

Rowan

Hello,

I have not had this much trouble before however I think my telephone has been upgraded by Orange because our speed has improved a fair bit. Right now I can get speeds of about 5mb through an ethernet cable connected into my router.

However when I am connected through wireless I am only getting speeds of about 2mb (even when I am in the same room as the router). What is interesting is before this upgrade I was getting about 3-4mb through both Ethernet and wireless.

I have tested 2 routers (Netgear DG834G and Orange Livebox) and I get the same results of the wireless being much lower. It is confusing as the wireless routers could before could send speeds of 3-4.

Broadband Speed through Ethernet cable:

broadbandspeeddirectwc3.png

Broadband Speed through wireless:

broadbandspeedwirelessmi5.png

Any help appreciated :)

(2 more things: the upload speed isnt really effected by whether its wireless/ethernet. Plus sometimes during the afternoon and evening now my internet won't connect to any websites during some periods of varying length. I did some research and the connection dropouts occurred since the upgrade in speed so maybe my landline cannot support it comfortably?)