N-Europe

advanced css advice

The Lillster

Hello,

I want to build a new website, in the past i've used photoshop to design the site, then cut it up into tables.

However tables are not very good for design purposes and css is a good alternative.

But I don't have much experiance with css especially using it to design more elegant looking websites.

So if anyone has a link to a forum or website which deals with this kind of thing please tell me and also of any good books on this subject.

Thanks.

CSS is certainly an excellent way to code websites. Currently a combination of XHTML and CSS are still the norm for making smart and efficient websites. I would summarise CSS as this: instead of giving variables to all your tables, fonts, divs... everything, you simply point them all to a .css file, which contains all the information on sizes, colours, backgrounds, link types, etc etc.

but CSS is not difficult to learn at all. I would start at http://www.w3schools.com/Css/default.asp - find some free webspace and practice :) practicing is the easiest way to figure out how what you're coding is working.

Alternatively a coding program like dreamweaver can do it all for you ;)