N-Europe

HP - Ink Cartridges

Ramar

I've got myself an all-in-one HP psc 1215. Now the other day I got royally owned by my cartridges as they ran out the night before an assignment. So today instead of shelling out ~£50 in say WH Smiths for some new ink I decided to take my cartridges to a refill place in the local Woolworths.

I get home, quite pleased having only spent £16 on two refills, saving myself some cash. And low and behold my printer won't take the black cartridge. I'm currently using a HP colour, and the refill black. And the bastard won't work.

Having snooped about online I read that it could do with HP actually noting down IDs of cartridges and then blocking them once they've been used. So essentially I'd like to know if this is true, or if anyone has some tips, hints, clues ideas of how to get the bastard to except the cartridge.

I spoke to one of their 24/7 drones, but when put the sword, he just said I needed to buy official cartridges in future.

What printing do you do most often? If you find yourself answering "mostly monochrome" then just go buy a cheap laser, and you won't reget it.

You could buy a whole laser printer including the toner cart (which won't dry out.. because it's powder anyway) for... £40. http://www.ebuyer.com/product/132539. Laser toner cartridges also last for absolutely ages; and laser printers are infinitely quicker.