N-Europe

Slapshock at Dubai Desert Rock Festival

Mokong

Ok i'm guessing nobody here will know who Slapshock are, but anyone remotely into rock music should be aware of the Dubai Desert Rock Festival which has become a pretty big annual rock festival since 2004.

Anyway Slapshock are a band from the Philippines and one of my favourites. Seriously an awesome band and I've always found it odd that they've never broken into the international market.

So it's awesome that they are gonna be one of the bands at this big festival (1st Asian band to invited i believe) and hopefully this is the break they need to get into the international limelight. *fingers crossed*

I seen them live twice in the Philippines, my second fav band to see live (Iron Maiden is 1st of course), got a setlist autographed at the 2nd gig too : peace:

Any other rockers out there if ya wanna get a taste of their music before they (hopefully) become known worldwide, check out their site slapshock.com they already have 5 studio albums, (one "best of" album based on their 1st three, and their Greatest Hits is coming this year) kinda hard to recommend one as they are all great and their music tends to evolve with each one too which is great. But their latest one "Silence" is usually stuck in my CD player..... (cuz my player is broken :heh: hahaha)

Archived