NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tellyn

Shantae Sequel On The Cards

A fan club has been set up by Matt Bozon to bring back the cult GBC game Shantae.

Shantae was a platforming game created by Matt Bozon at WayForward Technologies for the Game Boy Color. Published by Capcom towards the end of the console's life (the Game Boy Advance had just been released), Shantae didn't sell well despite fantastic reviews, and sadly the game was left to die, supported by a small fanbase who had bought the game.

Matt Bozon wishes to bring back Shantae one way or another, but he needs the help of loyal fans. On the WayForward Technologies site, a Shantae Fan Club has been set up to pressure publishers into backing a Shantae sequel. Upon joining, you can select which formats you'd like to see Shantae released on, including the DS, Wii, GameBoy Advance and WiiWare, and you are even asked if you would like to see a re-release of the original via the Virtual Console. To join the Shantae Fan Club, click here. Who knows, maybe Shantae will return to Nintendo systems once more...

Stay tuned to N-Europe for the latest on Shantae.

http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=11337

This is interesting, I've looked into the game and it would be awesome if they could bring this back through WiiWare...

I read an IGN review long ago, and I already had my GBA then I think, but the game sounded fantastic so I just had to have it. I still don't have it. It's not been released outside the US. I even mailed the studios, Wayforward was it? To ask if they knew where I could find a new copy (at that time, it was actually still listed on the Capcom US store, but they don't ship to Europe). I actually got a reply from Matt, who pretty much said that apart from 2nd hand, my other options are ROMs, and he didn't mind at all! With the game being hard to get.. When I read this newsitem on the frontpage, I quickly did a search on some Ebay affiliated site to see what would turn up, a few copies, but all just cartridge only. And they were going for around $ 30,-. I had that site bookmarked, because I once found a still sealed copy, but it was like $ 60,- or something.. Then I thought "that's rediculous for a GBC game". What a moron I was, if I came across a sealed copy now, I'd think I'd even pay $ 100,-. I'll take a look at the site later, it's good to know they're still interested in doing a sequel, thay intended to make one for the GBA even a long time ago.

They know they have their fans, I hope we do get to see the original on the Virtual Console though.

Sign in to follow this