N-Europe

Any decent RPGS for the GC?

Guest dynastygal

Skies of Arcadia is excellent and has as good an atmosphere as everyone says. Paper Mario 2 is very good. I didn't like Baten Kaitos at all, but maybe someone with a huge amount of patience would like the card-battling system.

One I should have tried is Tales of Symphonia! Oh well, maybe I'll get a next-gen "Tales" game someday.

You should track it down. I occasionally see a copy in a gaming store for $20.

Though for Baten Kaitos there is also the prequel. I prefered the original fighting system though over the changed one in Baten Kaitos Origins BUT I think the story was a bit better then the one of Baten Kaitos.

If you ask me both had a good story though. However, regarding Gameplay and that you need to like it - otherwise I don't think that the game will be that great (it will still be good but not great or something like this). I however really liked it. Though I think I liked ToS the most. I thnk second is Skies of Arcadia though (because of the story and because you have so many "options" in that game). However, though Baten Kaitos and Baten Kaitos Origins follow afterwards - and there weren't much more RPGs for the GameCube - I still think it is one of the better RPGs (comparing it with all the RPGs I played, also on other consoles).

But well: All that is - of course - extremely subjective.

I picked up Baten Kaitos cheap at one point, but I haven't got that far yet. I don't really like it that much TBH.