NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
motion

Blogging

Hi all,

Am looking for a good blogger site, preferably free (or at least very cheap), that'll let me host it on my website. Any good experiences?

Oh and not blogger.com.

Also, say I start blogging, then 10 days later I find a better blogging site... can I move my posts from one to the other easily?

Any advice/thoughts would be very appreciated.

I don't think too many blog sites have a feature that allows you to transfer your posts to a blog on their competitor's site. Why not blogger (if you told us why it may help as we could look for a blogging site the differs from it in those ways). Perhaps you should give Google's blogspot a try. It's free and has a few nice templates.

blogger.com just feels like a 'my first blog' type site, and I'd rather have something a bit more advanced.

If your hosting supports php and mysql, then I'd recommend using Wordpress as it's really customizable. It's a bit tricky to set up, but there's lots of documentation on the website for it I believe.

Go for wordpress, there is even an effort less version available to save you messing about with databases. But yeah wordpress is boss.

Sign in to follow this